.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Model Kate Upton Discusses the Importance of a Healthy Lifestyle in 'Vogue'


Swimsuit model Kate Upton talks about living a healthy lifestyle and being confident with her curvy body in a recent interview and photo shoot in Vogue magazine. 

According to The Sun, SkinnyGossip.com slated Kate for having "huge thighs, no waist, big fat floppy boobs, terrible body definition."

Thousands of fans took to Twitter and Facebook to defend Kate's curves. 

Vogue declared the 20-year-old "The New Girl" in their Nov. 2012 issue. Read parts of the interview below.

(Via: The Sun



Kate makes a point of eating, sleeping, and exercising—­a potential ambassador of fashion-­model health, as she sees it. “I don’t want to starve myself,” she says. “I still want to hang out with my family and be a normal girl. You have to be confident, and that doesn’t mean starving yourself.”   

Kate talks about getting more involved in fashion almost as a kind of campaign. 

“I think it’s important to look at magazines and think a healthy lifestyle is attainable,” she says. “Now that the fashion industry likes the idea of me, I’m happy if I can have an influence.” 

Sure, navigating the world of designer clothes is more complicated than bathing suits, given her curvaceous figure, but she deals with it. “I’m sure every girl can relate,” she says simply. “You go shopping and you’re not the same size in every brand—­some look good on you and others don’t.” 

She finds it all liberating, an emotional counterpoint to swimsuit modeling. “When I lived in Florida, the swimsuit was the key wardrobe piece,” she says. “I lived ten minutes from the beach, but I never sat there and said, ‘I want to be every man’s fantasy.’ It wasn’t a big deal to be in a bathing suit. 

Now, whenever girls come up to me saying they’re happy to see I am confident about my body, it makes me feel good that I am contributing in a way among people my age, people who could be my friends.” 

The November issue of Vogue is on newsstands now. Read the entire interview HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.