.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Tighten That Core with the CX Workout

Today I was inspired to try something out of my comfort zone. Yesterday I attended a Zumba class and had such a fun time while burning calories and working up a sweat. Today, not so much of a good time, but I know I had a good workout and my thighs need it!

I did the Les Mills CXWORX class which works your core in so many different ways, also your arms, back, butt, thighs and legs... it targets all the good spots. (Read more about CX after the jump.)

Using the resistance tube and weights, I worked muscles I didn't even know I had! Lunges, sit-ups, squats, planks... I did all the moves I hate. This class is no joke but I felt good at the end knowing I gave it my all. 

Afterwards, the instructor informed us not to lift any heavy objects. Trust me, you won't feel like lifting anything after this class. However, cardio can be done afterwards. I got really lazy on the treadmill but burned an additional 205 calories, walking on a slight incline for 30 minutes.  


More about CX: (Source via: Les Mills website)


CXWORX™ really hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body. It's ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.

It'll help you run faster … play harder … stand stronger!

No ordinary workout, CXWORX™ hits many of the top fitness trends:

Core training Tick
Strength training  Tick
Functional fitness Tick
Educated and experienced fitness professionals Tick
Group personal training  Tick


Highly-trained instructors explain the science behind each exercise and challenge you to reach beyond your limits. Like all LES MILLS™ programs, a new CXWORX™ class is released every three months with fresh music and choreography.

Total cals burned today: Around 435 

Watch Below: Check out a preview of what I did today, this is CXWORX 8: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.