.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Tia Mowry Shows Off Her Flexible Side in Her New Yoga DVD's



Actress, author and mom, Tia Mowry-Hardrict releases fitness DVDs and shares how she lost all of her weight after pregnancy by just dieting, eating healthy and walking...
Well, with the new year coming up, why not start the new year off right by getting into shape with YOGA!
The Game and Sister Sister star, Tia Mowry-Hardrict has just released two new Yoga DVDs: "Tia Mowry's Core Yoga" and "Tia Mowry's Calm Yoga."

Tia has also the Style-reality show with her identical twin sister Tamera (Tia and Tamera). During the first season, she was showcased showing her pregnancy and her weight loss struggles afterwards. The show is currently in its second season where Tia can be seen coming up with the beginning stages of her Yoga DVD.

Tia - who welcomed her son on June 28, 2011 - talked about her after-pregnancy weight loss earlier this year and said it was a struggle to lose her baby weight after giving birth to her first child via cesarean section, but she found a way to make it work with a strict diet:

"A lot of people are like, 'Oh my gosh, how did you do it?' Everyone knows that I had a cesarean, and when you have a cesarean, you can't work out a lot until like eight weeks, nine weeks afterwards. So what I did focus on was eating healthy - I stayed away from sugar, I stayed away from carbs, and I just ate like protein and veggies and I would do a lot of walking," she said.

Tia recently revealed that she got into yoga while recovering from an injury. "About three years ago, I actually injured my back, and I found that yoga really, really helped," she said.

"It's hard, but fun at the same time. And I think that makes a great work out."


"After my pregnancy, I'm not afraid to say that I gained 60 pounds, so the first thing that I went to was yoga," Tia shared in a press video.

RELATED: Tia Mowry Poses in the Nude, Showing Off Baby Bump - via: Ooooooo La La!

With "Tia Mowry's Core Yoga," the actress hooked up with instructor Tara Stiles to craft a 45-minute workout that will burn fat, tighten up your core and tone your abs. Yoga may be hard for some, but beginners should still be able to follow Tia's lead.

For those looking to get a little more centered, there's "Tia Mowry's Calm Yoga," which is a 50-minute routine that opens up your body and relieves stress.

"It's something that I like to do maybe to start my day off with or to end my day with," Tia said.

The DVDs, are available on Amazon or TiaMowryYoga.com, sell for $9.95 each or you can get the two-disc bundle for $15.95
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.