.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Keep Your New Year's Weight Loss Goals

A new year, a new you, right?

Let's stick to that! What are your weight loss goals for 2013?
 
Don't fall into the trap of setting goals in the beginning of the new year and then fall off your plans by February. Write down a reasonable goal, weekly or monthly, and set little reminders for yourself so you can reach them.
 
Find motivation - whether it be from others cheering you on or maybe you want to lose weight for vacation - and let that be a guide to your weight loss goals.
 
PEOPLE Magazine published How to Keep Your Weight Loss Resolutions (Read more here).
 


I must say I wasn't watching what I ate during the holidays. All of the sweet desserts, holiday parties and egg nog added on. Now that the holidays are over I'm ready to get back into my workout routine and I set my own goals:
  • Start counting calories again
I've been slacking on this. I need to count my calories using the My FitnessPal app and limiting myself to 1,200 - 1,500 calories daily.
  • Workout out three days a week
With working two jobs, I'm not able to workout five to six days week like before. Three days isn't as much as I like, but it's better than slacking off completely.
  • Get down to 195 pounds by March (my birthday!) >>> this is doable!
I definitely gained a little weight since the end of October. My lowest was 205 since I lost the 30 pounds. Once I weigh myself I will do another post soon stating my weight and the re-start to my weight loss. So stay tuned!
 
What are your new year weight loss resolutions?

Physical Activity Recommendations For Healthy Adults Aged 18-65
1. To promote and maintain good health, adults aged 18-65 yr should maintain a physically active lifestyle.
2. They should perform moderate-intensity aerobic (endurance) physical activity for a minimum of 30 min on five days each week or vigorous-intensity aerobic activity for a minimum of 20 min on three days each week.
3. Combinations of moderate- or vigorous-intensity activity can be performed to meet this recommendation. For example, a person can meet the recommendation by walking briskly for 30 min twice during the week and then jogging for 20 min on two other days.
4. These moderate- or vigorous-intensity activities are in addition to the light-intensity activities frequently performed during daily life (e.g. self care, washing dishes, using light tools at a desk) or activities of very short duration (e.g. taking out trash, walking to parking lot at store or office).
5. Moderate-intensity aerobic activity, which is generally equivalent to a brisk walk and noticeably accelerates the heart rate, can be accumulated toward the 30 min minimum by performing bouts each lasting 10 or more minutes.
6. Vigorous-intensity activity is exemplified by jogging, and causes rapid breathing and a substantial increase in heart rate.
7. In addition, at least twice each week adults will benefit by performing activities using he major muscles of the body that maintain or increase muscular strength and endurance.
8. Because of the dose-response relation between physical activity and health, persons who wish to further improve their personal fitness, reduce their risk for chronic diseases and disabilities, or prevent unhealthy weight gain will likely benefit by exceeding the minimum recommended amount of physical activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.