.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Food and Exercise Log: Recovering From Eating Too Much

Look out for an upcoming post on why the stair stepper is a great cardio workout
Today I woke up and felt really full. This feeling was probably carrying over from yesterday's huge Red Lobster meal. I didn't feel like working out and felt very sluggish. But, I thought about all the food I consumed yesterday and felt the need to work some of it off, so that motivated me to put on my sneakers and workout clothes and I headed off to the gym. Afterwards I was happy I didn't skip out today even though it felt like my thighs weighed 100 pounds each.

 Breakfast - 436 cals
Shoprite Instant Oatmeal 'Strawberries & Cream,' 2 packets - 260 cals
Premium Organic Flax Seed, 1 Tbsp - 45 cals
Dole banana - 89 cals
Coffee, cream w/ Stevia sugar, 8 oz. - 42 cals

Lunch - 0 cals
None

(I actually didn't have time for lunch so I munched on grapes on my way to work.)

Snacks - 149 cals
Seedless Red Grapes - 68 cals
Large orange - 81 cals

Dinner -  656 cals
Red Lobster Endless Shrimp, Linguine Alfredo - 550 cals
Homemade Fried Fish, 1 fillet w/ hot sauce - 106 cals



(I know I said in yesterday's post that I would have better control for the rest of the week, but the shrimp alfredo were my leftovers from Red Lobster.)

(And the fried fish could have been grilled to make for a healthier choice, that was leftovers too. I know... excuses, excuses! Tip: When eating out on a cheat day, don't pack your leftovers! Then your "cheaty" foods spill over to the next day.)

Water - 8 cups

Total Calories Consumed - 1,241

Cardio Exercises - 577 Total Calories Burned
50 mins on the Treadmill, walking on an incline/jogging, 3.2 miles - 527
5 mins on the stair stepper - 50
No strength exercises today.

I did much better today with my calorie intake and met my goal, staying between 1,200 - 1,500. I also try to burn at least 500 calories while at the gym, which is my minimum goal.  

When I first started going to the gym regularly back in April, my minimum goal was burning 300 in the gym. 

Always try to push yourself a little more as you progress further into your exercise journey so the exercises don't become routine, then your body will adapt. When challenging yourself, your body will burn more calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.