.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spice Up Your Gym Playlist: Sweat It Out to These Pumping Songs



I have to listen to music when working out, whether it's blaring out loud in Zumba class or through my headphones, pumping music motivates me, pushes me to go harder, and keeps my pace up during cardio.

A number of studies show that music can impact your mood, emotions, energy levels, breathing and heart rates. Not only can music help you power through workouts but it could also distract you from boredom and fatigue.

I suggest listening to upbeat songs, nothing slow. I created my 'Gym Playlist' on my phone through the 'Tunee Music' app where you can find any artist/song/genre and download it for free into any music app on your smartphone.


My Favorite Workout Songs:
  • 4 My People - Missy Elliott feat. Eve
  • The New Workout Plan - Kanye West 
  • Turn Me On - David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj
  • Till the World Ends - Britney Spears 
  • Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake >>> Get Your sexy on! Great motivation song to make you want to workout when feeling sluggish.
  • Scream - Usher
  • Lets Go - Calvin Harris feat. Ne-Yo
  • Dancing in the Dark - Dev
  • Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
  • Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia
Any LMFAO Song Will Do:
  • Sexy and I Know It
  • Shots >>> Great beat to workout to. This song pushes me to go longer on the elliptical, even when I'm tired. I've replayed this song over and over again so many times and before I know it I just did an extra 15 minutes on the machine without even realizing it!
  • Sorry For Party Rocking
Pitbull Rocks It Out:
  • Fuego (DJ Buddha Remix) - Pitbull feat. Don Omar <<< This is my jam!
  • Shake Remix - Pitbull, Elephant Man, Ying Yang Twins
  • We Run the Night (Rave Radio Remix) - Pitbull feat. Havana Brown
  • The Anthem - Pitbull feat. Lil' Jon

Women Empowerment, Inspirational Songs to Pump You Up:
  • Part of Me - Katy Perry >>> This song makes me feel tough like I'm ready to go crazy on the punching bag.
  • Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
  • Fighter - Christina Aguilera
  • Survivor - Destiny's Child 
Put that playlist on shuffle and get going! 

What music hypes you up in the gym? 

2 comments:

  1. If I Was Your Girl by Janet Jackson came to mind immediately lol. I like to hear that song when working out. Oh and Ic by Gucci Mane!!!!! That has me going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream by Gucci?

      And yea that Janet Jackson one is a good one! They look like they're working out in the video too lol

      Delete

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.