.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scale Stepping

For your best weight results:
  • Weigh yourself the same time of day, same day each week
  • Wear no clothes or light clothing, no shoes
  • Use the same scale
  • Weigh yourself on a flat surface (on bathroom tile)
I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 206 even! No point anything at the end of the six.

Progress


Seeing those numbers go down motivate me to keep on working hard towards my weight loss goals. But even if I gain a pound, I don't beat myself up over it because it could be a pound of muscle and that is never a bad thing.

I must admit I'm a little obsessed with the scale. I step on the scale everyday in the morning before I eat and after I use the bathroom (this is the time when your real weight is supposed to show). 



Sometimes, just because I'm curious, I weigh myself throughout the day to see how my weight fluctuates. One time I weighed myself before before I showered and after and there was like a .4 difference on the scale! I'm like from what? From the dirt on my body? 

I usually weigh myself in the nude but at the gym I like to see how much I weigh with clothes and sneakers on and that adds a couple of pounds.

Time and time again I hear scales aren't accurate. So, it is a good idea to take your measurements (waist, hips, arms) to see your true progress. I haven't taken my measurements in awhile, so I will be doing that this weekend. 


Another thing I like doing is trying on old clothes that didn't fit me after my weight gain.

I still have a pair of jeans from high school (ten years ago) and if I can fit into those one day I'll jump for joy. 


I recently tried on a pair of jeans from about three years ago and they actually went over my thighs, unto my waist and I was able to fasten the zipper! That tells me right there I've lost weight in my stomach and thighs even though when I look in the mirror I don't see it.

The jeans I currently wear are also becoming too big to a point that I can roll some of them over! That is a very good feeling.


I don't plan on shopping for any new clothes anytime soon until I reach my goal of 180 pounds. It'll be a treat to myself. And since I'm slimming down, my waist line will keep changing so no point in buying new clothes just yet. 


180 lbs = a new me = new wardrobe!

It is good to set weight loss goals, whether it be weekly or long term. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.