.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Food & Exercise Diary: Benefits of Flax Seeds

Flax seeds provide many health benefits: high in most of the B vitamins, magnesium, and manganese, Omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of fiber. Sprinkle them on yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, anything!
Today I didn't do any exercise so there's no cardio or strength exercises to log. I also need to up my water intake, I didn't drink much today. I don't eat enough vegetables and I need to start incorporating veggies into my meals. And, I didn't eat much and fell below my 1,200 calorie minimum, I know... not good! 


 Breakfast -  389 cals
Coffee, cream w/ Stevia sugar, 16 oz., 2 cups - 84 cals
Shoprite instant oatmeal, 1 regular packet - 100 cals
Shoprite instant oatmeal, 1 maple brown sugar packet - 160 cals
Vitamin World - Premium Organic Ground Flax Seed, 1 Tbsp - 45 cals

Lunch -  0 cals
None
(I woke up late today which shifted my meals. My breakfast was kind of my lunch and my snacks lasted for me until dinner.)

Snacks -   188 cals
2 Small Green Apples - 120 cals
Red seedless grapes -  68 cals

Dinner - 470 cals
Campbell's Select Harvest New England Clam Chowder, 1 container (2 cups each) - 380 cals
Nabisco premium whole grain saltine crackers - 90 cals

Water - 6 cups

Total Calories Consumed - 1,047 cals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.