.
Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures. Let me know you're following so I can follow you back!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hi All! I Had a Slip-Up and Now I'm Back To Working Out... For Good This Time!

Motivation!
Working out is a lifestyle!
I have to become addicted again.
Its been a little over a month since my last post and wayyy over since I updated you all on my weight loss. Well, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: Instead of losing, I have gained some of my weight back :/

I originally lost 30 pounds and dropped down to 205 - 207 pounds in October, a huge accomplishment. Five months later, I am now back up to 218 pounds. I was sooo close to finally being under 200 pounds, getting to a weight that I haven't been in years. Slip-ups happen sometimes and I'm just happy to be working out again. I'll be damned if I did all that hard work for nothing, just to go back to being 241 again!

The good news: I have been going to the gym on a regular basis for a couple of weeks now!

I'm also back to counting calories (on the MyFitnessPal app) and weighing myself on a regular basis. This is what worked for me before - actually seeing all of the fatty things I ate and seeing a number going up on a scale - this makes me cut back on calories, be a little more cautious of what goes in my mouth and also work out.


I love this machine: the abductor, great workout for the booty!
I know I won't be able to go back to my old workout routine anytime soon (5 - 6 day a week workouts) with working two jobs, but I am finding my workout mojo again! My current workout routine is going to the gym Monday and Thursday mornings before work and on Saturdays and Sundays. And, I have the same goals as before. My short term goal is 200 pounds and my long term goal is 180.

New motivation:

#1 - Spring is coming soon! No more hiding under sweaters and no layering.

#2 - I plan on going on a vacation sometime next year (this means actually being seen in a bathing suit! Yikes!) ... so time to get it together!

If you're on the MyFitnessPal app, follow me at NJLaLa to see my daily food log, notes and workouts. Follow my Health & Fitness board on Pinterest for regular fitness posts and pictures.

My Protein Shake: a handful of strawberries, two scoops of soy protein powder, two tbsp of flaxseeds, one cup of coconut milk, a cup of ice and a peach of light greek yogurt... Yum!

I updated MyFitnessPal stats:

Now:

Current Weight: 218
Goal: 180
New Net Calorie Goal: 1400/day
Weight Loss Goal: .5 - 1 pound a week
Exercise Goals: 3 - 4 days/week

(MyFitnessPal calculated my new stats and set my net calories for 1700/day. I think that is way too many calories for me to intake on a daily basis, especially since my gym days are limited and I have two desk jobs. So I reduced my net calories to 1400/day, 200 more than my old goal.)

Before:

Weight in Oct. 2012: 205 - 207.5
Goal: 200
Net Calorie Goal: 1200/day
Weight Loss Goal: lose 1.5 pounds/week
Exercise Goals: 5 days/week

Have you suffered from a recent slip-up? No worries. This doesn't mean you fell completely off. Start back into your routine slowly and work your way into it again! Lets inspire, motivate and help each other!

Upcoming Posts:
- Sneak In Office Workouts
- Get Your Butt Up Out Of Bed!
- Post Wokout Snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments and thoughts below and click 'subscribe by email' button to receive follow up responses and other comments on this post.